HackerEarth Assessment has introduced the feature of benchmarking the performance of candidates based on the test level and global or product level.
The performance of a candidate is compared with all other candidates who have attempted the same test.
The performance of a candidate is compared with the performance of all the candidates who have attempted the tests that have been similarly designed and conducted on HackerEarth Assessments.
Viewing the benchmarking analysis
To view this analysis, follow these steps:
- Log in to HackerEarth Assessments by using your admin credentials.
- Navigate to the test that you have created.
Note: This feature is only available for the ongoing and completed tests.
- Select any of the options in the Candidate status section. For example, Review pending.
- Click on the name of the candidate who has attempted the test.
You can successfully view the benchmarking feature in the candidate's profile.
Based on the image:
- Global benchmark: The candidate is among the top 5 percent of candidates who have attempted all the similarly-designed tests that have been conducted on HackerEarth Assessments.
- Test benchmark: The candidate is among the top 20 percent of the candidates who have attempted the same test.
- The test benchmark is a derived representation of the percentile score of the candidates who have attempted the test.
- The global benchmark is calculated based on the number of attempts by a candidate attempts on the problems that are available in the test and the past number of attempts of the same problems.
- The minimum number of attempts of a problem must be 400 for using it to derive the benchmarking derivative.
- The problem-level benchmark is calculated and aggregated to calculate the global benchmark for the test.
- The benchmark is updated once when participation is over and recalculated when the event or test is over.
- For events that do not have an end date, seven days from the last participation end date is considered as the virtual end date to update the benchmarks on a regular basis.
- The test and global benchmarks for the candidate participation are only visible if it is less than the maximum threshold value that is 50 percent.
- It is a custom plan feature and is disabled by default. To enable it for your account, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.