To manually add multiple-choice questions in the test, follow these steps:
- Log into HackerEarth Assessment using your admin credentials.
- Click Tests.
- Navigate to the test in which you want to add questions.
- In the Test details section, click Questions.
- Click Create a new question.
- In the Select question type section, select Multiple choice under the General subsection.
- In the Problem Statement field, enter the problem statement.
- In the Choices section, complete the following actions:
- Enter each choice.
- Select the radio button corresponding to the correct option.
- By default, Assessment provides 4 option fields. If you want to add more options, click the Add another option button that is displayed after the fourth field.
- You can also allow multiple right answers. Select Allow multiple answers and then select all the options which you want to keep as answers.
- You can also use an Advanced Editor on the options to add images, tables, code into the options of MCQs. You can click Use Advanced Editor and the normal editor for options will change into an advanced editor.
- In the Difficulty level list, select the difficulty level of the problem, Easy, Medium, and Hard.
- In the Maximum score field, enter the maximum marks that you want to assign to candidates if they answer the question correctly. For example, 2 for Easy, 4 for Medium, and 6 for Hard questions.
- In the Negative score field, add a score that must be subtracted from the candidates' total score if they answer the problem incorrectly. For example, if you enter 1, then 1 mark will be subtracted from the candidate's total score.
Note: This is an optional field, that is, it is not mandatory to add a negative score.
- If you want to make this a timed MCQ, then select Make this a timed question.
- In the Tags section, add the tags that are relevant to the question.
For example, if your problem is assessing the knowledge of inheritance in Java, then you can add multiple tags such as Java, Inheritance, OOP, and so on. These tags can be used to segregate questions on different topics.
- If you want to save this question as a draft, then click Save as draft. If you want to add this question directly to your test, then click Publish.
You have successfully added a multiple-choice question to your test.